Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Youth Essential for Shreveport’s Progress

Question: Honestly, this question may be perhaps the least fair of the three for a random citizen to ask you; however, I still feel compelled to ask. Although your competition has not been decided officially yet, numerous names have been thrown around. Although I'm sure each candidate has different priorities, it is undeniable that other candidates undoubtedly want to address at least SOME of the issues you do.
Assume for a moment that whoever becomes the next mayor can ONLY address one issue. Which issue do you think is most important, and do you think your method for addressing that issue would vary significantly from your competitors. I realize that ideologies might vary differently, so you could assume I am only asking about your variance from others of similar ideological stances.
Answer: The issue I think is most important, even though not listed as one of my top priorities, is the issue of retaining our young people. If we lose the critical thinkers, the individuals that prioritize and make conscious decisions, we lose the possibilities of reaching the potential for growth and progression that Shreveport has been poised for, for so long.
By improving our educational system, aggressively addressing economic development opportunities, cleaning up our blighted neighborhoods, reducing crime and ensuring that the finances of the City are sound for the future, which are listed as my priorities that will give us a more educated work force and better paying jobs that will keep our young people in Shreveport and allow for us to have better social outlets for the entertainment of our citizens. This is why it is so important to keep our young people in Shreveport as a family unit that can grow and prosper together into the future and become the leaders of tomorrow.
You also ask, "Do you think your method for addressing that issue would vary significantly from your competitors". My answer is a resounding yes. Not being arrogant, but being confident and assured. I am sincere and not in it for self gain. I'm not interested in doing only that, that will assure my re-election, but I'm interested in doing what's best for people and this City. I did the walk from Shreveport to Baton Rouge, 226 miles, 4 years in a row to bring awareness to Childhood Obesity and Autism because I care, simply because I care. I love Shreveport and I want to see Shreveport Progress and we can only do that by working Together.
Thank you for your questions and I look forward to much more dialogue with you in the future.
Sincerely,
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment