Monday, March 24, 2014

Patrick Answers Again






Recently Patrick Williams was contacted by a concerned citizen of Shreveport about the future of the Broadmoor area. This was his question and Patrick’s reply to this local citizen:


“Dear Patrick, I live in Broadmoor and I am very concerned with the neglect of road and street maintenance as for as the weeds, leaves, water and dirt (from the gas line construction) piled up on the sides of the streets and intersections that is making not only our neighborhood but the city look trashy and dirty. Several of the streets in my area have water standing on each side of the road all the time….what do plan to do to clean up our streets, and help keep our area safe?”


Dear Concerned Citizen of Shreveport, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns with me. The two issues you have brought to my attention are definitely part of my vision in making Shreveport a better place to live. Shreveport discontinued street sweeping many years ago. This service was not only something that kept our streets looking good, it was also good for the environment and something that needs to be re-implemented again. It will be part of my overall plan when I am elected on November 4th. As for as your question about keeping your area safe, Public Safety is one of my top 3 priorities for the City. It is my intent to address the way public safety priorities are set today and implement changes that will ensure that community oriented policing becomes an even bigger part of our police department. I would also like to increase patrols in our neighborhoods to enhance citizen safety. Even though this was a quick and short response to your concerns, please understand that I really care how our City looks and is kept up. I want to see all of our citizens feeling safe in their neighborhoods and anywhere they go in our City. Sometimes I believe that our elected officials have forgotten that they are public servants and that they work for all the citizens and this attitude needs to change. It is my intent and promise to place emphasis on doing a better job in taking care of our 6 basic services to ensure our neighborhoods are safe, our fire department is the best and most efficient it can be, our garbage is collected and disposed of in the most efficient and environmentally sound manner, that our streets and drainage have an efficient preventative maintenance program in place, that we ensure we have sufficient and safe drinking water and that our sewer system is operating environmentally safe. Hopefully, this addresses your concerns and I humbly ask for your vote on November 4th. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please check out my web page at www.patrickcwilliams.com.

-Patrick

Edited by Cadie Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment